Meal Makers is a project that connects people who love cooking and are happy to share an extra portion of a delicious home cooked meal with an older neighbour.
How does it work?
- Our Meal Makers volunteer ‘Cooks’ love cooking and they want to share their delicious food and get to know people in their local area.
- Customers, or ‘Diners’, are matched with a ‘Cook’ in their local area who will bring round an extra portion of their home cooked food at a time agreed by both parties.
- Meal sharing can occur as often as the ‘Cook’ and ‘Diner’ would like, whether that is weekly, fortnightly, or just now and again.
- Cooks are required to sign up online (https://www.mealmakers.org.uk/cooks/sign_up) and undertake a safeguarding process before being connected with a local ‘Diner’.
- We currently offer our Meal Makers Service in Dundee, Glasgow, Perth and Kinross, Renfrewshire, Edinburgh, Stirling and West Lothian.
Who can use Meal Makers?
- You must over 55 and be a member of the Food Train to use Meal Makers.
- People of all ages are welcome to sign up as a volunteer ‘Cook’.
- Meal Makers Office: Suite 2 / 6a (2nd floor), Brook Street Studios, 60 Brook Street, Glasgow, G40 2AB.
- Telephone: 0800 783 7770