Local volunteers provide regular help and support with a wide variety of household tasks to help older people live more independently at home.
How does it work?
- Our volunteers attend to odd jobs that customers are unable to do by themselves (if available through a local branch)
- An initial visit takes place which comprises of a home safety check with referral to Fire and Rescue and Handyman and other relevant local services.
- A general check of what help is needed around the house is then completed.
- No jobs are undertaken that would require a qualified tradesman.
Who can use Food Train EXTRA?
- We are only available to offer our Food Train Extra Service in Dumfries and Galloway and West Lothian at the moment.
- You must be a member of the Food Train to use the EXTRA service.
How much does it cost?
- £1 for one year’s membership of The Food Train, which allows you access to Food Train EXTRA.
- EXTRA jobs cost £3 upwards depending on the size of the job and time required to complete it.